Buying a home can be a stressful experience. Here are a few tips to make that process go more smoothly for you.
1. Save for your home. Aim to have at least $15,000-$20,000 saved for a home purchase. FHA loans require 3.5% of purchase price for down payment. However, there are other costs that arise.
2. Get a pre-approval from a qualified mortgage company.
3. Know where you want to live and why. What school district is important for you. Close to shopping and highways preferable?
4. Hire an agent that knows the area and the market, as well as the buying process. Ask questions! A good agent will prepare you for each step from pre-approval to closing.
5. Investigate Experienced Home Inspectors or ask your agent well in advance to find one for you. Ask for qualifications.
6. Know what is needed for the closing process.
7. Be punctual for all appointments and meetings.